Remember back in the early days of the internet, when we had angel fire sites and the page that nearly every hand coded html site listed was a link page? On hippiegrrl.com we called that page ‘linkland’ and it was where good links went to live and languish. The linkland page required a lot of upkeep as websites came and went in a flash, but it was a great repository for curating content of the time. Ah – the 90s. In honour of the webs beginning – I am going to post a weekly list of links that you might enjoy. I won’t have to go back and do maintenance to the ‘linkland’ page anymore, since we can consider them stale once the week is over. Such are the present days of the internet – here today, gone tomorrow. Thanks for reading and enjoy!
This week in gen x related content:
- Whatever Happened to Generation X? by Ashley Primis (phillymag.com) – from 2018, but still VERY relevant
- Douglas Coupland on Generation X at 30: “Generational trashing is eternal” (The Guardian)
- Dark Side of the 90s Trailer Teases Vice TV’s Newest Docuseries (comingsoon.net)
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Celebrates 35 Years by Danielle Solzman (solzyatthemovies.com)
- Growing Old in New York City by Tracy Kaler (tracysnewyorklife.com)
- When Ferris Bueller goes shopping: The return of the Trapper Keeper by Michael Hallisey (spotlightnews.com)